This blog will chronicle my comments and other critical articles, cartoons and videos. Time has come for us to put America first and Party 2nd. This page will have the good, bad and ugly of Republicans, Democrats and Libertarians alike, but will always offer pluralistic solutions effective June 8, 2012

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

So what if Brenan is a Muslim - Part 2


I agree with you, it does not suit me to use the expletive, and I humbly acknowledge it.

My apologies to you and others who have expressed their dislike or not.

The note was in response to the calls, Sean Hannity announces my website and his text goes out to a million of his followers, many of whom are following me as well as chasing me. I was getting non-stop calls from all over the United States as if I am the Pope of Muslims. Nagging questions like, he (Brenan) is a Muslim in closet, he has connections to God knows, what are you going to do about it.... and did you know he is a Moslem?

My response to that question was the title of the topic, so I captioned the article to make the point. So what if he is? Actually Collin Powell had used the same phrase minus the expletive.

Now, to your other question, perhaps because you don't have the first knowledge of what I do (as a volunteer); Here is the elaboration of the response I wrote to my other Indian friends, with whom I connect fairly well and respect.

" (name) ______,  I was equally mad when a council man in Dallas pointed his finger at the other and said "You  people" to a Jewish man. I was outraged and wrote that in Dallas Morning News in 2005. When Bush did not sign the bill to allow the Wicca (another religious tradition) Veterans in Arlington Cemetery to have their own headstone, I went ballistic. When the state Senator Williams of Kentucky called the Governor names for participating in Bhoomi Puja in E-Town, I was jumped all over him and wrote in Huffington post, when the Pastor from Kansas called Jews, Christ Killers and staged rallies in front of the Holocaust Museum and a few synagogues and Texas Jewish post, I was there with the Jews protesting against the pastor.. . I have worked with the Dept of Justice to include Jain symbol in their symbols of religions, have held the rallies against the Gujarat massacre and held a program about Sikh and Bangladeshi Genocides…

Yes, we have condemned strongly against the plight of Hindu Pundits of Kashmir in our Holocaust and Genocides programs...wrote and generated calls to the Russian embassy in DC to pull back the ban they were working on banning Bhagvad Gita, challenged Moscow for usurping the Hare Krishna Temple land, condemned the desecration of temple in Trinidad, condemned and wrote to the Minister of Malaysia to punish those idiots who threw the head of a bull in the Temple in Kuala Lumpur... 15 years ago, I got threatening calls from a few right winger Catholics for defending the bishop in Lisbon who allowed a Hindu couple to get married in the church and they place Ganesh Icon on the altar, which got the bishop fired...and I got nasty calls from some of the idiots, they said, shame on you to defend the idol worshippers. It is easy to back off isn’t it, that is what most chickens do, thank God; I will not be pushed around when it comes to standing up for others.

Nanak, no one asked me to do this, Hindus did not ask, Jains did not ask, Christians did not ask, Jews did not ask... I did it because it is the right thing to do. It is not just them, when someone attacks a Muslim for his religion I will fiercely go after him, and I have gone after Sunnis in Bahrain for being brutal to their Shias, Armadas in Pakistan, Bangladeshi and Indonesia, even here...  We hold a lot of interfaith dialogues, no one pays me or asks me, but I always include all religions, Hinduism, your faith is never missed in my writings. Look at Dallas Morning news – 112 articles, Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Islam, Judaism… are all weaved in each article.

I hope you will stand up for every one regardless of their religion, if you have stood up for a Jain, Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Buddhist, Baha’i, Adivasi, Dalit…  please share, we need more people who do that to change the world.


After I finish compiling all others, I will compile what I have done for the oppressed among Muslims. Since it is my religion, I am doing at the end. 

Aren’t you and I taught in India, that you feed the guests first and eat in the end, did not your mother and my mother ate after all the family was fed?  I am doing nothing different than that, and I hope my fellow Muslims understand that.

Unless we stand up for others, why should anyone stand up for us?

Please share your experience of standing up for Jains, Sikhs, Muslims, Adivasis, Tribals, Dalits, Bahai, Jews, Christians and others... it is good to hear that.


The pope resigned today, and hopes the new one will be open to all faiths and not be biased against any. I was going to write about it in Dallas Morning News on Monday, but simply ran out of time. Some ten years ago, the Baptist convention in Atlanta had said bad things about Hinduism, I had written to their convention at that time, and I have faced off with their president from two years ago in defending Catholics on the national radio.

I request each one of us not to judge others without knowing or hearing the hearsay.

Thank you.



  .... Mike Ghouse is a speaker, thinker and a writer on pluralism, politics, peace, Islam, Israel, India,interfaith, and cohesion at work place. He is committed to building a Cohesive America and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day at www.TheGhousediary.com. He believes in Standing up for others and has done that throughout his life as an activist. Mike has a presence on national and local TV, Radio and Print Media. He is a frequent guest on Sean Hannity show on Fox TV, and a commentator on national radio networks, he contributes weekly to the Texas Faith Column at Dallas Morning News; fortnightly at Huffington post; and several other periodicals across the world. His personal site www.MikeGhouse.net indexes all his work through many links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment